- This event has passed.
WE4AHA thematic workshop: Tools for empowering citizens in using digital health – opportunities for individuals and communities
October 22 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Time: 22nd October 2020, 10-00 Central Europe Time
Registration link: https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/ThematicWorkshopRegistration
To promote health, individual and community empowerment plays a crucial role. The same approach relates to digital health solutions, whose promise lies in the increased access to healthcare, also in rural and remote areas. With a focus on both the individual and the community levels, we want to present practical tools developed in the reference site Saxony, Germany, which aim to actively empower patients and communities. We will offer insights in how to empower patients in dealing with their diseases and how to empower communities to successfully implement and scale-up telemedicine. Together with participants from various other reference sites, we would like to discuss these topics further and see together how a common approach to sharing knowledge can embrace the future of digital health solutions.
10:10-11:10 Part 1 – Patient Engagement
- Tools to support patient engagement
- Keynote speech of two other reference sites regarding their approaches to increasing patient engagement
- Empowering patients by giving them access to a patient portal (incl. demonstration of a patient portal)
- Interactive discussion with all workshop participants on best practices for patient engagement (using Mentimeter)
11:20-12:00 Part 2 – Community Readiness
- Introductory video about the Telemedicine Community Readiness Model (TCRM) helping to assess and improve the status quo of a community for implementing and scaling up telemedicine initiatives
- Lessons learned by applying the TCRM to empower communities (involvement of other reference sites)
- Interactive discussion with all workshop participants about specific measures to improve the readiness of communities (using Mentimeter)
12:00 End of the workshop